After being together for almost ten years, we have decided to have a baby! Having friends and family all over the world, we thought a blog would be the best way to share our exciting journey. ~ Wabi


 Pregnancy Ticker

Monday, May 23, 2011

Wabbit Hunting in Arizona

We had a marvelous time back in Arizona. I was so happy that Will was able to join me. It was so wonderful to see my family and friends. I especially enjoyed showing off my big belly. I felt like a fertile goddess. It was great to see everyone that was able to make it out for the weekend celebrations as well. Thank you Aunt Debbie and Uncle Jim for bring the love all the way from Milwaukee. Stephanie, it meant a lot to me that you were able to make it. I really appreciate everyone going to the trouble of being there. You made it so very special for me. I will remember it and treasure it always. 
Special thanks to Mom, Megan, Cara and Ian for preparing and hosting the shower. I love you!

The timing was perfect for us to be back in Arizona. It wasn't too hot yet, plus we got to attend Jake Greenwade's graduation from ASU. I remember when he was born.. It meant a lot to me to be there and be able to celebrate with the whole Greenwade family, my second family.  In fact, the next time we will be in Arizona will be for Ty and Tori's wedding in September. I am done flying until then.

It was so nice to spend time with my family. It has been difficult for me to be so far from everyone during this pregnancy. I wish we lived closer.  It was nice to have my belly loved and rubbed by the people I love most. It was exactly what I needed, very comforting to the soul. I had a really hard time leaving.
Everyone is so excited to meet you lil' Wabbit!

I got back to NY just in time to start my Masters Flower Design Class. Loving it. Thank you Will!

I went in on Friday for my three hour glucose tolerance test. All I have to say is OUCH! They had to poke me 9 times for the 4 times they needed my blood. Inevitably having to get it off my hands every time except one. Thankfully I had a gentle nurse. I also learned that not only do I have tiny deep veins, but they also roll. (A little tip, massaging really helps the bruises go away quicker.) I don't know what was worse, not eating for 15 hours or the digging for veins.
I am happy to report that the doctor got the results back today and everything is normal. Amen! I knew it was my recent sugar binge that had caused my numbers to increase, no thanks to my Sugar Bump. (one of my nicknames for the wabbit) I am definitely going to watch my sugar and simple carb intake from now on though.

I am feeling more and more pregnant each day. It is getting harder to get up. In the past week, older gentlemen in my neighborhood have been stopping to talk to me. Inquiring if I am having a son, due to the way I am carrying. Asking how I'm doing, when I'm due and wishing me luck. One even told me that boys are all about cars and computers, it's in the blood. Haha!  I have even had a few Greek women spit on me as I walk by. I know better than to take insult on it, as it is their way of wishing me luck. I really like living in Queens, there is such cultural diversity. 

Hope everyone has a wonderful week!
Happy Birthday Mark!


29 weeks
size : small cabbage

Ian and Cara made this sign for me when they picked me up at the airport.
The Greenwade Family (plus girlfriends) at Jake's graduation.

Wabi at Jake's Graduation.

Dad and I -  I'm wearing one of Mom's old maternity shirts, notice it's already a little small on me.
The Blong Family!
Enjoying the sun and warm weather!

My painted belly from the blessing shower.

Jan and I with the quilt that she made for the baby. So sweet and amazing.

Stephanie and Meghan, it was so wonderful to see you two even if it was brief.

Feeling the love ... unfortunately, not everyone pictured






I'm wearing a beautiful dress from Gilberto y Yolanda from Pueblo de Alamos.

Already so in love with our son.  Week 28

2 comments:

  1. The pics are amazing! You are such a beautiful mommy! Glad to hear blood tests came back good! Not sure what to think about being spat on, but hey, if it's for good luck.. :) xoxo miss you already!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so wonderful that you were able to make it down for the weekend. Thank you so much for coming. I miss you!

    ReplyDelete